Manager Credit Initiation - Bangalore - Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Manager Credit Initiation jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Standard Chartered Bank company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Department : Retail- Cr RiskInitiation& App
Location : Bangalore
Credit underwriter managing retail products out of HUB CI
Execute the Retail Risk Operations strategic direction and manage country Credit Initiation activities and processes for Self employed Mortgage and Small Business Program Lending effectively and efficiently
Work with Head Credit Initiation, CCH and other stakeholders in-country for smooth functioning of Credit Initiation processes and activities
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Enter roles and responsibilities
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Summarise all responsibilities and accountabilities. Clarify if the job holder leads or supports others; provide a breakdown by functional area if relevant; as a minimum, the following areas should be covered)
• Provide inputs in shaping the Retail Risk Operations strategic direction
• Work with in-country stakeholders to deliver against the Retail Risk Operations strategic initiative
• Optimise operating efficiency while balancing the effectiveness of decision making within the Retail Risk Operations function.
• Ensure the cost budget in Credit Initiation is based on robust capacity plans and is delivered through a rigorous cost management discipline.
• Ensure that credit origination decisions are executed in line with the delegated authority while adhering to the process standards defined by CCO, Retail Clients.
• Lead and drive standardisation, automation and consolidation through re-engineering and process improvement initiatives.
• Leverage and build credit assessment infrastructure capability to optimize process efficiency.
• Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees.
• Implement the Operational Risk Framework in Retail Risk Operations and monitor the operational risk metrics to identify potential control weaknesses.
• Identify and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support strategy testing environment and daily operations.
People and Talent
• Support the identification, engagement and retention of high quality CI professionals within the country.
• Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values within the Credit Initiation team. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
• Encourage and promote an active training and learning environment to facilitate excellence in risk management, risk awareness, behaviours and accountability.
• Identify and share industry best practices and work with the businesses for their feasibility and implementation.
• Monitor through the door application quality and provide timely inputs to in-country stakeholders for optimizing risk and reward relationship.
• Ensure all Credit Initiation policies and procedures comply with Group Policies and Standards. Ensure proper and updated documentation in place for in-country policies and procedures.
• Provide oversight on Credit Initiation team, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
• Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct in Credit Initiation to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees forms part of the culture.
• Accountable for satisfactory closure of issues / gaps arising from Internal Audits, peer reviews and regulatory reviews.
• Internal stakeholders
o Country Retail Risk Head
o Country Business Heads and Product Head, Retail Client segment
o In-country governance forums (as may be applicable)
o Country Fraud and Collections Heads
o Relevant members of Risk Operations management team
o Internal IT partners supporting Retail Clients business
o HR & L&TD team
o Operations, L&C and Customer Experience Management Unit
• External stakeholders
o Auditors and Regulators
o Associations (Visa, MasterCard, Amex and other Regional / Local forums), Credit Bureaus and peer Banks
o Suppliers, vendors and consultants
Qualifications and Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
Business Strategy and Model: Good working knowledge of Standard Chartered's Retail Clients business and that of peers in the industry
Non-technical Skills: Strong written / oral communication and influencing skills. Ability to create effective work relationships within and across functions & borders
Risk Management and Control: Good working knowledge of Standard Chartered's approach to risk management, specifically as applicable to Retail Risk Operations
Governance, Oversight and Controls: Strong leadership capabilities and management skills, with the ability to deliver effective controls within Retail Risk Operations through both directly-managed and virtual team
Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role of Head, Credit Initiation
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 05/05/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.