Duty Manager Holiday Inn Suites Bengaluru Whitefield - Bangalore - Intercontinental Hotels Group
- Duty Manager Holiday Inn Suites Bengaluru Whitefield
- Intercontinental Hotels Group
- Bangalore KA
- 20 Apr, 2017 30+ days ago
Intercontinental Hotels Group as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Duty Manager Holiday Inn Suites Bengaluru Whitefield jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Intercontinental Hotels Group company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Reports directly to and communicates
with the Front Office Manager on all pertinent matters affecting guest service
and hotel operations.
· Provides functional assistance and direction to all departments.
· Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with other hotel departments as required.
· Reacts to situations to ensure guests receive prompt attention and personal recognition throughout the hotel
· Responds to guest needs and resolves related problems
· Supervises and directs Reception, Operators & Business Center personnel.
· Supports and assists Front Office personnel and all departments at peak periods.
· Ensures VIPs and IHG Rewards members receive special attention.
· Inspects front of house and back of house regularly for cleanliness.
· Assists Guest Relations in greeting, rooming, and sending off VIP guests.
· Monitors appropriate standards of conduct, uniform, hygiene, and appearance of staff.
· Provides input for Front Office meetings.
· Promotes inter-hotel sales and in-house facilities.
· Checks billing instructions and monitors guest credit
· Analyses and approves discounts and rebates.
· Analyses the rate variance report to ensure rooms revenue control
· Takes action with the Property Management Systems (PMS) in emergency situation.
· Fully conversant with all hotel emergency procedures.
· Ensures front line staff comply with FIT marketing techniques and maximize sales.
· Carry out special needs and requests of the guests, VIPs and repeat visitors.
Human Resource Responsibilities · Works with Superior and Human Resource Manager to ensure the departmental performance
Assists in planning for future staffing needs o
Assists in recruiting in line with company guidelines o
Prepares and administers detailed induction program for new staff Assists in maintaining a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversees their implementation
© 2012 InterContinental Hotels Group. All rights reserved. Proprietary and Confidential.
Page 1 of 3 o
Ensures training needs analysis of Front Office staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs o
Provides input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines o
Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance o
Regularly communicates with staff and maintains good relations.
Financial Responsibilities · Works with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget. Duties include: o
Assists in coordinating the preparation of the departmental annual budget o
Controls and monitors departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities · Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
· Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
· Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
· Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
· Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
Drive For Results · Compete against a standard of excellence by setting high performance standards and pursuing aggressive goals
· Strive for constant improvements and takes responsibility for achieving business results and persevere despite obstacles
Understanding the Business · Demonstrate an interest in and an understanding of issues relevant to your department and hotel and keep your knowledge up to date, including legislative information · Adheres to Crowne Plaza Corporate Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook and Hotel policies
· Demonstrates an understanding of competitors’ major strengths and weaknesses
· Establishes and interprets key performance indicators to manage the business, consistently takes into accounts financial implications of business decisions and recommendations
· Has a broad knowledge of how the business is run, focuses on the major factors necessary to ensure that the business is successful and profitable
Problem Solving and Decision Making · Diagnose problems and thoroughly analyze information to guide decision making
· Evaluate and assimilate critical information when reaching conclusions and make logical, competent decisions
Customer Focus · Build and maintain positive relationships with all internal customers and guests in order to exceed their needs
· Take action to address these needs in order to exceed their expectations
· Create a positive hotel image in every interaction with internal and external customers
· Adhere to hotel brand standards
· Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests
· Assist guests and escort them to locations within the hotel at their request
· Maintain knowledge of special programs and events in the hotel in order to recognize and respond to guests needs
· Maintain current Hotel information to be able to provide information to guests
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
Page 2 of 3
Innovation · Generate new ideas and encourage creativity from your staff
· Recognize the need for new and modified approaches
Teamwork · Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues, supervisors, teams and across departments to deliver positive results
· Actively participate in wider hotel meetings
· Interact with department and hotel staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two way communication
Adaptability · Be comfortable and effective in an environment of ambiguity or change
· Be receptive to new ideas and respond to workplace changes in a flexible and optimistic manner
· Complete tasks as directed by Management
Impact and Influence · Promote your ideas persuasively, and shape the opinion of subordinates and overcome resistance.
· Build consensus for action and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to problems.
· Establish influential contacts with suppliers
Leading and Developing People · Inspire others to excel by clearly communicating business values and direction, recognizing good performance and providing managerial support
· Develop potential of others through coaching and development opportunities to build organization capability for the future
· Ensure that hourly employees are trained on company core values, job roles, responsibilities, and technical and service aspects of the job.
· Coach and develop employees (e.g., create expectations for continual improvement, provide challenging tasks and assignments, hold development discussions, and construct and execute development plans).
· Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
· Listen to hourly employees' suggestions for improving how work is done and how guests are served, gaining management support as needed to act upon suggestions.
· Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
Cultural Awareness · Understands and takes into account the global nature of the business; works effectively with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries
High School Diploma / secondary education / equivalent plus five years & more Front Office experience including some supervisory training/experience. Must be able to speak local language(s).
Job : Front Office
Primary Location : IMEA_India-India-KA-Bengaluru
May 21, 2017, 4:59:00 AM