Application Support Specialist - Pune - Barclays
Barclays as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Application Support Specialist jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Barclays company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Please visit our website
for more information.
Enterprise Shared Technology
The Enterprise Shared Technology support team provides end to end support for a number of critical applications used at all Barclays UK locations. This role will form part of the Self Service Application Support Team.
Overall purpose of role
· The Application Support Specialist will perform a critical role in Business Technology Service Operations (BTSO) with responsibility to ensure stability, continuity and availability of the application, in addition to providing rapid response to incidents and escalated user queries.
· Technical Support and Maintenance of the Business Service and Applications.
· To maintain a broad, end-to-end technical understanding of one or more components within an application / service, being recognised as the ‘go to’ person for incidents and adhoc.
· Hands-on and should be able to work independently and if required guide team mates.
· Manage and own the successful handover of change into the support environment.
· To ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the applications / services is maintained across their lifetime, supporting external areas in the development of any technical changes being proposed
· To use system-specific knowledge and technical expertise to assist external areas in the definition of technical strategies where appropriate.
· Own maintain and track incidents through their entire lifecycle
· Proven Analytical skills.
· Proven team leadership skills
· Identify proactive remedial strategies to prevent future system problems and to improve the quality of delivered systems.
Application Maintenance and Support – · Takes responsibility for the technical solution to incidents, reacting quickly and as necessary to live software errors to limit downtime and resolve the issue.
· Plan, coordinate and supervise (where appropriate0 all activities related to the operations of the Banks production applications related to the individual Product area.
· Proven ownership and prioritization of individual Incidents and ensuring the delivery of solutions in line with the Operational Level Agreements to deadlines and quality standards.
· Owner of a group of individual Service Improvement items and responsible for their implementation.
· The delivery of documentation to agreed standards, on time and error free
· Out of hours cover and support, providing expertise and specialized system knowledge to allow resolution of key incidents
· Train, develop and mentor colleagues to ensure full development of their potential
· Act as the quality gate for external areas where relevant
· Support the handover of the changes into business-as-usual (BAU) operation, providing the relevant IT service teams with information and education relating to the system technology and function.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Skills- · Highly effective communicator. Responsible for interacting with staff at all level across the Business and IT functions.
· Proven liaison skills in dealing with clients and customers at all levels including difficult and demanding stakeholders during high severity and high impacting service disruption incidents.
· Able to quickly absorb and assimilate large amounts of technical and data to identify the most appropriate course of action in the resolution of technical service impacting issues
· Understanding customer needs and priorities and uses extensive technical and business knowledge to provide workaround solutions to business areas during degradation of service
· Explaining, advocating and expressing facts and ideas in a variety of settings, both orally and in writing
· Can debate where appropriate to peers, senior line management and senior heads of business
· Communicates clearly and concisely, using appropriate level of detail, terminology and style and able to work effectively in extreme high pressure situations where critical service availability is compromised and/ or Barclays reputation is at stake
· Creates and owns a logical plan, realistic estimates and schedule for any activity
· Can identify potential risks and benefits of emerging technologies
Personal and Interpersonal- · Demonstrate integrity, initiative and commitment when interacting with colleagues & clients.
· Gain awareness of process and technical developments relevant to their team.
· Improve knowledge of self in the systems development processes and technologies, infrastructure and service support processes, both current and emerging technology.
· Be aware of personal development needs and work to gain the experiences and training necessary to progress professionally and remain current.
· Contribute to the bank’s well-being & culture.
Knowledge- · Self-starter and ability to operate independently
· Detailed Knowledge of products/functions outside of day to day area supported
· Takes the lead and can drive engagement with all business users and understand their issues, regardless of Seniority.
· Demonstrates a good end to end understanding of the systems processing for the business areas and relationships
· Maintains an in-depth understanding of relevant and up to date technical knowledge, applications and techniques
· Uses technical knowledge to create new opportunities and solutions
Competencies- · ITIL v3 certified
· Proven results in Incident/Problem/Change and Release disciplines
· Production of high quality documentation
Expertise- · Demonstrated ability to resolve Incidents
· Demonstrated ability to deliver Change & Releases
IT Capabilities- · Deep understanding of the internal and external environments related to own IT product area
· In depth knowledge of key application area, recognised as application expert by their peers and subordinates.
· Proven results in Incident and other ITIL disciplines
· Technical Support consisting by use of any languages and technologies
· ITIL V3 foundation certified, previous production support experience, development experience
Technical Skills - · Win Web Server Application – By Auriga Expertise
Or similar system e.g. Base24 EPS from an ATM end to end perspective (preferably running on a UNIX platform)
· Good knowledge of Linux
· Basic knowledge of Mutual authentication and SSL Certificate Installations
· Good knowledge of Oracle SQL
· Application/production support experience and ITIL process flow
· Knowledge of J2EE/JBOSS will be an advantage.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include · Strong level of experience of IT software support (essential)
· Significant experience working within an ITIL Environment (preferred)
· Large-scale blue-chip organisations such as Barclays (preferred)
· Broad knowledge of Barclays Group (beneficial)
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .
Role Profile Attestation
The content of this role profile is relevant for the role in question.
Name of reviewer: Laurence Alcock
Role of reviewer: Team Lead
Date of review : 20/02/2017
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.