Manager Operations - Bangalore - Apollo Hospitals
Apollo Hospitals as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Manager Operations jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Apollo Hospitals company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
- Manage and facilitate the development and constant improvement of outpatient services of the hospital. To more closely meet the needs of the health care services within in a changing environment.
- Maintain and develop a patient service focus for the hospital with particular emphasis on communication and improving patient facilities
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with the values of the hospital
- Abide by the guidelines/policies of the hospital
- The post carries responsibility for managing all aspects of outpatient services including - patient appointments, management of medical records, general patient services.
- The post will be responsible for the overall patient services function in the outpatient area.
- Take overall responsibility for the management of all clerical/administrative staff in the outpatient department involved in providing administrative support functions within the hospital.
- Undertake the direct line management role in the outpatient area.
- Assign work to, manage and supervise the coordinators and the clerical/administrative staff on all aspects of their work in a manner consistent with effective operations and while maintaining overall responsibility for outcomes
- Motivate staff and foster teamwork. To monitor staff turnover to maintain acceptable levels of service. Act to minimize staff turnover and exercise all appropriate staff retention initiatives.
- Be responsible for the monitoring of staff absence/leave/time keeping and maintain staff personnel records in accordance with Hospital policy.
- Develop staff roster in consultation with the Asst Manager’s, Executives and Coordinators and to ensure the area is appropriately covered during time of leave and staff absence. Ensure the efficient use of staff through efficient rostering, staff planning and workload measurement.
- Ensure clerical/administration staff working in the department develops the necessary skills to carry out the functions required.
- Assist the Asst. Manager’s, Executives and the Coordinators in the administrative support areas to prepare procedural manuals for all clerical/administrative duties in Patient Services. Play an active role in staff training and development ensuring that clerical staff gains experience in the various functions of the area.
- Call regular staff meetings with staff to relay information and receive feedback in relation to service provision and other issues.
- Work closely as a team with the Executives and Coordinators to complement, interact, advise and support each other. To provide cross cover when necessary i.e. on all occasions when either one is not available in the area including sick, holiday and other leave periods.
- Liaise with the Human Resource Manager in relation to the recruitment and selection of staff, participate on selection panels and be responsible for the induction and deployment of new staff.
- Manage Patient Services in a manner that reflects best practice and which complies with hospital policies and service plans.
- Develop and maintain good communication throughout the Hospital and awareness of the primacy of the patient in relation to all hospital activities.
- Ensure that all patients contacting, visiting or admitted to the hospital are serviced courteously, efficiently and promptly.
- Provide a professional service and to advise your reporting authority on all matters relating to the provision of Patient Services.
- Liaise with relevant clinicians, nursing staff, allied health professionals etc in the patient services area in relation to the quality and standard of service. Keep up to date with relevant patient service practice.
- Ensure that all medical records are available for the consultants before they meet with the patients.
- Review processes and procedures for record management and maintenance particularly for inter dependent record transfers in the OPD’s.
- Ensure staff training & development needs are met
- To be aware of departments performance and objective.
- To carryout data collection / support in data collection.
- To adhere to the safety norms of hospital and follow both patient safety and staff safety rules.
- To perform any job / task as and when assigned by the superior.