Application Support - Pune - Barclays
Barclays as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Application Support jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Barclays company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
About Barclays Corporate & Information Technology
Barclays Corporate & International is a diversified transatlantic business comprising our corporate banking franchise, which is market leading in the UK with strong international growth opportunities, our top-tier investment bank, a strong and growing US and international cards business, our international wealth offering, and leading payments capability through both corporate banking and the Barclaycard merchant acquiring expertise. Barclays Corporate & International has scale in wholesale banking and consumer lending, strength in our key markets, excellent growth potential, and good balance in its revenue streams, delivering further resilience and diversification.
Corporate Run the Bank consists of a number of business aligned SME teams and a small number of horizontal centres of excellence, which will provide best practice services to the business aligned teams, as well as the other parts of BC&I Technology.
Overall job purpose of - The Application Support Specialist will perform a critical role in Corporate Run the Bank with responsibility to ensure stability, continuity and availability of the application, in addition to providing rapid response to incidents and escalated user queries. Hands-on and should be able to work independently and if required guide team mates. Manage the successful handover of change into the support environment. Own, maintain and track incidents through their entire lifecycle
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes responsibility for the technical solution to incidents, reacting quickly and as necessary to live software errors to limit downtime and resolve the issue
- Takes accountability for ownership and execution of all application related activities in the day to day operations of the Banks production applications related to the individual Product area
- Ownership and prioritisation of individual incidents and ensuring the delivery of solutions in line with the Operational Level Agreements to deadlines and quality standards, providing regular updates to key stakeholders and all levels
- Support the handover of new or enhanced software into business-as-usual (BAU) operation, absorbing and assimilating the information and providing junior resources information and education relating to the system technology and function
- The delivery of documentation to agreed standards, on time and error free
- Ad-hoc reporting where appropriate
- As part of a team provide 24/7 cover and support, providing expertise and specialized system knowledge to allow resolution of key incidents outside of business hours
- Flexible working hours including
- Ad-hoc overtime
- PIR (Post Incident Review) attendance
- Identify proactive remedial strategies to prevent future software problems and to improve the quality of delivered software
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders within Barclays wider teams, Group counterparts and across functions, including Vendors.
- The individual should possess the skills and ability to work across different client and incident situations, projects and key business initiatives. The individual should also possess the maturity and capability to independently make sound decision and have strong problem skills that can be applied effectively to different technical situations.
- Drive improvement in team processes e.g. automation of manual processes, revision of systems and technical enhancements where appropriate.
- Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
• Previous experience in technical support / problem solving
• Live service/ application support experience
• Good knowledge of the payments domain is required
• Prior experience and knowledge of Barclays Payment Processing Applications such as GPP, MassPay, Funds Control and Faster Payments is an advantage
• Excellent written & oral communication
• Ability to cover on call support and flexible working hours
• Proven Incident Management experience.
Technologies – UNIX, Oracle, Java, WebSphere
Barclays Values and Diversity
Our common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship and bring them to life every day. To find out more about working at Barclays and the development opportunities we offer please visit our website www.barclays.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- To apply for this role, upload a copy of your updated resume.
- Grade: BA4
- Location: BTCI