Operations Manager - Chennai - Amazon Chennai Dev Ctr
Amazon Chennai Dev Ctr as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Operations Manager jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Amazon Chennai Dev Ctr company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
· Are you customer-obsessed, flexible, passionate about e-commerce, and an entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you. At Amazon, we set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com, and Kindle Newsstand is one of Amazon’s most innovative content businesses. Here, we seek to change how people shop and read newspapers and magazines. Just as Kindle has transformed how people read books, the Newsstand team is transforming Amazon's customers’ interaction with news and magazine content.
The Kindle Newsstand operations team in Chennai is responsible for delivering the Newspapers/Magazines on time with the right level of quality for our customers. Further, we also take care of new periodical launches, geographical expansion, publisher and customer support, and other new exciting feature launches. We now seek a creative, analytical, and highly motivated leader to lead the operations team in Chennai.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Define appropriate operational metrics aligned with business goals; establishes processes for measuring, tracking, and driving continuous improvement of these metrics
· Break down goals at team and individual levels and defines clear metric benchmarks that need to be achieved
· Ability to foresee capacity issues and works independently with the business to plan and set expectations
· Identify opportunity areas and evaluate them on the basis of feasibility, timelines, etc. as per business requirements.
· Analyze defects and develops programs that fix root causes, escalating when required to drive closure
· Work with other support/tech/process excellence teams & review SOPs, processes, and tools to ensure that proactive changes have a positive impact on quality measures
· Own structured communication with all internal and external stakeholders
· Make recommendations that are backed by sound rationale and relevant data
· Build and scale process-related solutions that have metric impact through multiple projects and automation; drive adoption of solutions across teams
· Define clear and detailed operations specifications for tool/feature changes and work with technology teams to prioritize effectively
· Effectively set expectations and build robust launch plans for new team members
· Provide regular coaching and feedback to direct reports to help them individually grow functional skills and leadership capability
· Drive/teach performance improvement management
· Build solutions to meet the hiring needs; identify and work with top performers for talent development and create a leadership pipeline for own level
· (If required only) 24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day
Key Performance Areas:
· People Management
· Project & Program Management
· Publisher & Vendor engagement
· Process Improvement & Productivity
· Process & Metrics Management
Basic Qualifications · Graduate with 10+ years of experience of which a minimum 5+ years in managing people and interacting with global customers / stakeholders
· Track record of meeting and exceeding high service delivery standards
· Experience in driving process excellence and productivity improvement
Preferred Qualifications · Full time MBA, with over 9+ years of experience of which a minimum 5+ years in managing people and interacting with customers / stakeholders
· Technical Background preferred