Senior Manager Logistics - Chennai - Vestas
Vestas as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Senior Manager Logistics jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Vestas company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
We are looking for an energy professional with a strong knowledge in Wind resource assessment domain, who would have been involved with feasibility studies as well as operational assessments of assets producing high quality reports.
Manufacturing and Global Sourcing
Strategize, plan and deliver all activities from the management of raw materials through to the delivery of the the final product to assemble Parts of Wind Turbines, and achieve desired levels of delivered logistics service and quality at lowest possible cost.
- Establish and execute Logistics management systems from material flow in order to meet production requirements up to tracking & reporting shipments for Projects, CKDs etc
- Ensure transforming master plan into a detailed functional plan involiving customers, factory and suppliers
- Ensure ordering of parts / components / tools / equipments etc. according to requirement;
- Ensure Inventory handling is according to procedure; ensure master data updation according to business policies and trade agreements; ensure Inventory control by using lean tools, systems and methods for effective control of WIP; collaborate with Asset management team on project freights
- Monitor product import or export processes, commercial trade, inventory in order to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements; creation and maintainence of customs & project shipping guidelines & documents and Coordination with central customs team for delivery of tools / equipment
- Participate in improvement projects and influence stakeholders to improve logistics value chain efficiency
- Coach & supervise the work of planners, buyers, warehouse leader for continuous improvement; Manage, lead and develop direct reports based on Vestas Leadership Model
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as sales units, order management, accounting, or shipping
- Full time Bachelor degree preferrably in Mechanical from a reputed institution
- Minimum 15 years of experience in managing factory logistics function in Heavy Engineering, Automobile, power plant industry, Wind turbine manufacturers
- Deep knowledge of flow production processes
- Experience in handling of Imports and Exports
- Experience in ERP system – Infor XA / SAP
- Competencies in legal related topics
- Proactively identify problems and implement effective solutions
- Effective stakeholder Management
- Strong interpersonal & negotiation skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Fluent in English communication (Oral & Written)
- Workforce Planning ability to manage and develop team including team leaders especially in Wind energy / Power / Enginering industry
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Willingness to Travel – Domestic & Overseas
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation
- Safety: number of accidents / LTI &TRI
- COPQ casued by obselte stock
- Production plan fulfillment
- Days of supply
- Inventory value of raw material, WIP
- Stock take accuracy
- Obsolete stock
You’ll have the opportunity to help strengthen the position of Vestas in a key market for the company with excellent perspectives of growth.
For more details, please contact Sanchita at [email protected]
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 82 GW of wind turbines in 76 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 71 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,800 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at http://www.vestas.com/ and following us on our social media channels.