Tester - Pune - Barclays
Barclays as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Tester jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Barclays company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Barclays is an
international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards,
corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive
presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help
people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
About Barclays Corporate & Information
Barclays Corporate & International is a diversified transatlantic business comprising our corporate banking franchise, which is market leading in the UK with strong international growth opportunities, our top-tier investment bank, a strong and growing US and international cards business, our international wealth offering, and leading payments capability through both corporate banking and the Barclaycard merchant acquiring expertise. Barclays Corporate & International has scale in wholesale banking and consumer lending, strength in our key markets, excellent growth potential, and good balance in its revenue streams, delivering further resilience and diversification.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Overall purpose of role:
This role spans across working on multiple projects or modules and coordinating with teams to understand requirements, test planning & test execution across ETL , CDI & DWH components.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Test Planning & Execution · Delivery of test plan, test scenarios & test closure as per provided requirements & timelines.
· Able to work on one or multiple projects of varying complexity, undertaking the following activities, maintaining overall accountability for the work of the team in terms of quality and timeliness of delivery:
- Strong understanding of functional testing, regression testing, system testing & integration testing.
- Strong understanding of test life cycle
- Strong analytical skills
- Supporting and coaching
- Issue escalation
- Validation of plans and progress management
- Hands-on experience of test cases/scenarios writing & test execution
Project Management Support · Assisting with the creation, monitoring and reporting of progress against project plans and identifying corrective action where necessary
· Providing inputs into test strategy & test planning.
Requirements for the position of Test analyst – Corp Tech
· Sharing knowledge with colleagues both proactively and on-demand
· Identifying development needs of junior team members
Taking proactive steps to maintain skills in relevant specialist areas, and continuously broadening knowledge of systems and technologies used within Barclays Group o
Decision making and problem solving. · Should be able to make judicious decision with respect to testing so that the final approach satisfies all the quality requirements criteria.
· Should be
Risk and Control Objective :
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise W ide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Skills and Qualifications : · Strong knowledge of functional testing, testing tools & testing concepts in the below scope:
- ETL -
- Data warehouse
- Customer data Integration
- BI Reports
· Functional Skills/Competencies:
- Requirement gathering & Analysis and other STLC phases
- Test Planning & execution
- experience in functional testing
- Basic SQL & Unix knowledge
- Well versed with test management tool i.e. Quality Center/JIRA
- Well versed with defect lifecycle
- Good written and verbal communication skills
· Hands on experience in automation & scripting would be an advantage
· Extensively worked with Business Analysts to convert requirements to test scenarios/cases
· Maintaining and demonstrating a good knowledge of the Financial Services and IT industries, having an in depth knowledge of either several technologies/ systems/ business operations, or expert knowledge of a particular subject area
· Working on a single complex project, or multiple standard projects
· Leading a team of testers working across a number of simple or moderately complex projects, or on a large complex project
· Understanding the requirement, solution design and any associated architectural standards, and supporting the resolution of testing related issues throughout the project delivery lifecycle
· Supporting project management in planning, estimating, costing, RAID identification and management
Experience in dealing with SQL & various file formats like XML, COBOL EBCDIC and flat files
Barclays Values and Diversity
Our common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship and bring them to life every day. To find out more about working at Barclays and the development opportunities we offer please visit our website www.barclays.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- To apply for this role, upload a copy of your updated resume.
- Grade: BA4
- Location: BTCI
- Number of Open Positions: 1