Speech Language Pathologist - Mumbai - Diyam Foundation
Diyam Foundation as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Speech Language Pathologist jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Diyam Foundation company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
POSITION-SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPIST
Job Location: Kamgaar nagar, Kurla east.
JOB MISSION- .To develop dynamic minds, relationships and unleash unique strength of every client , we will provide an environment where quality , respect, trust and compassionate care is given with a positive and focussed attitude
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILTIES- (These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position)
- Support and uphold the Vision, Mission and Values of SUPERMINDS CENTRE FOR SPECIAL NEEDS.
- Promote positive image of the Super minds centre with all contacts (clients).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- To provide written assessment reports for all clients, with appropriate recommendation whenever needed.
- To maintain updated individual and group records during sessions in the centre.
- Perform evaluation of children and administer treatment for speech language and swallowing disorders.
- Design and revise plans of care and goals.
- To give expert knowledge towards policy developments whenever needed.
- Participate in in-service education programs.
- Provide instruction, direction and supervision to other staff.
- Keep abreast of current trends and developments in speech and swallowing disorder.
- Demonstrate flexibility to meet centre needs.
- Demonstrate interest in personal and professional growth.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with parents, and other service providers.
- Maintain professional competence by participating in staff development activities, curriculum development meetings, and other professional opportunities
- Establishes and maintains a safe, orderly, and child centred environment.
- Contribute to the delivery of information through Training and Development sessions to other staff, parents and caregivers
- Represent the centre in appropriate policy and planning meetings
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with other organisations
- To work as an integral staff member of the centre
- Complete reports and data as required and be accountable at all times for work practises
- Attend and participate in team meetings, planning days, full staff meetings
- Work in collaboration with other departments of the centre
- Seek training and development opportunities
- Ensure adherence to relevant organisational policies and procedures and work practices
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities and apply quality improvement principles to all duties performed.
- Undertake other duties that may be allocated from time to time that are within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this classification.
Reports to - Director
Following team members will report to you-
- Office boy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTITUDES
- Bachelors/masters Degree in speech and language pathology.
- Promote positive image of the Super minds centre with all contacts (clients)
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of communicative disorders including; dysphasia, and other disciplines.
- Ability to evaluate, plan and implement therapy including dysphagia rehabilitation program for individual patients.
- Ability to explain, demonstrate and teach speech and swallowing rehabilitative measure.
- Ability to supervise support personnel.
- Ability to work effectively with others in an inter-disciplinary team relationship.
- Ability to be self-directing and to seek direction and consultation as needed.
- Ability to express oneself clearly verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates competence within the scope of practice including age and condition appropriate considerations.
- Demonstrates personal and professional integrity and interest in growth and learning Employee must demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral form.
- Ability to remain calm under trying circumstances.
- Ability to reinforce lesson plans to support the educational program for student.
- Ability to provide personal attention to children on an individual basis.
- Ability to work with small groups of students and assist with instruction.
- Ability to use patience and care to provide children of all abilities with an active learning environment
- Ability to discuss problems affecting child’s progress with other professional staff and parents.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility to work with children and staff.
- Ability to carry out assignments to completion.
- Ability to perform clerical work and knowledge of computers and keyboarding.
- Possess basic knowledge of technology and keyboarding to support learning.
- Ability to demonstrate strong human relations skills.
- Ability to have strong, positive communication and interaction skills when dealing with co-workers, students, administrators, parents and/or the community.
- Ability to attend professional development sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹25,000.00 to ₹30,000.00 /month