Technical Writer - Bangalore - Kollmorgen
Kollmorgen as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Technical Writer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Kollmorgen company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Esko is a global supplier and integrator of innovative solutions for packaging, commercial printing and professional publishing. Our company is a dynamic market leader in state-of the-art software for packaging buyers, designers and manufacturers and hardware products (CDI computer-to-plate imagers, flexible cutting & creasing tables) for the packaging, label, sign and display industries. With Headquarters in Belgium (Ghent), Esko employs over 1,500+ people worldwide. Its global sales and support organization covers Europe, the Americas, Asia/Pacific and Japan.
Main role / Job Objective:
The primary responsibility of the Technical Writer is to effectively design, create and maintain online end user help (documentation and other supporting videos) for our customers. This may include user guides, reference guides, installation and other technical documentation. He or she will work on multiple documentation deliverables throughout the course of a year, and may be required to document Web Application products from our software portfolio.
- Collect information on upcoming product releases from the product management and development teams
- Conduct documentation review meetings with product managers and development teams
- Be able to work across agile teams
- Analyse information and structure the information in an efficient manner.
- Create and manage video training materials occasionally
- Keep up with the latest documentation trends and technologies in order to continually improve and refine the documentation we provide to customers,
- Assist colleagues from the marketing department with regards to writing, by reviewing e-mail newsletters, white papers, reports and other documents,
- Contribute to the Support knowledge base, either by reviewing existing knowledge base articles or by creating new articles,
- Potentially coordinate the translation of the documentation deliverables he or she has created, in cooperation with the translation coordinator,
- Keep track of their work progress and backlog, and provide accurate and timely feedback about project progress to his/her manager.
- Be willing to travel occasionally (maximum 5%) if needed.
Qualifications and professional knowledge required:
- Education: Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, ...
- Experience: a minimum of 2- 3 years of technical writing experience is desirable
- Knowledge of user documentation within the software industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of the DITA XML standard and its related documentation tools
- Knowledge of image editing and illustration software (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator)
- Insight into user experience best practices, and the readiness to flag these to product management when needed
- Very strong analytical skills to create documentation based on diverse, technical and complex source documents such as specifications, use cases, user stories, support calls, and other documents.
- Strong project management skills from inception to deployment through to the maintenance phase, including the ability to handle pressure and deadlines
- The ability to work closely with multiple and possibly remote development teams
- Experience in creating video based help is definitely a plus
Competencies (personal qualifications ):
- Customer focus: a drive to discover and meet the needs of customers (either internal or external).
- Technical excellence: the depth and breadth of job-related expertise and the motivation to use and expand one’s technical knowledge.
- Teamwork: the ability to work collaboratively with others toward mutual objectives.
- Results orientation: a drive to achieve results and goals in the short and long term.
- Commitment to future vision: the commitment to being part of the integrated organization; desire to support the needs, priorities and goals of the organization.
Danaher Corporation Overview Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization : Esko
Job Function : Engineering
Primary Location : Asia-India-Karnataka-Bangalore
Schedule : Full-time