Support Specialist Level - Ahmedabad - Sophos
Sophos as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Support Specialist Level jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Sophos company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
The Global Information Technology (IT) Service Management team is part of Sophos’s Information Technology Organisation responsible for the procurement, delivery, management and support of all Sophos’s Internal IT infrastructure and needs. The IT Support Specialist - Level 1 (L1) works as part of the Global Service Management Team and is responsible for providing IT customers with effective support and assistance across all aspects of the businesses IT needs. Additionally, the person will provide support to the L2 and L3 Team Members.
The candidate is responsible to support and maintain the organisation’s environment, currently Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems and the Microsoft Exchange environment, along with general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
Main Duties Working as part of the Global Service Management Team, the person will be responsible for effective management and improvement of the Incident Management and Service Request processes. The role will involve working with customers, colleagues, and suppliers, on a variety of support environments, infrastructure projects, operational and geographical areas. Key responsibilities include:
- Incident and Service Request Management
- Manage inbound requests for support (Incidents) and service (Service Requests), received over voice calls / Service Management System / email and chat requests.
- Manage the resolution of Incident and Service Request Tickets in accordance with the Sophos Incident Management Policy and Process. This includes, but is not limited to, detection, recording, analysis, diagnosis, and either resolution or escalation of tickets.
- Be an effective interface among customers, internal Support teams and third service providers.
- Ensure that the resolution of open incidents and service requests happen through standard solutions. In cases where these do not exist, make sure the issue is passed on to the next level of support and any gaps identified.
- Ensure that appropriate escalation process is followed in a timely manner; make sure that incidents with high severity/priority are managed according to those standards.
- Ensure that customers are up to date with the status of their incidents/requests. Timely communicate about an issue and its widespread business impact.
- Ensure that all records and documents are completed in an accurate and concise way, which includes but is not limited to Incident and Service Request tickets.
- Interpret the technical or procedural manuals to help and train customers in the normal usage of services and systems.
- Managing work
- Ensure that work in completed based on priority and within the Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- If the role is part of the Global Service Desk, the person will be required to work in a rotating shift to ensure 24 x 7 coverage of the Sophos business.
- Bachelor’s/Diploma degree from reputed college / university.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in L1 role
- Active Directory - Creating and managing user accounts, distribution/security groups
- Windows – Proficiency of Windows 7,8, and 10
- Basic Networking – Knowledge of assigning VLANs
- Hardware – Good understanding of managing laptops, desktops, printers, mobile phones, and peripherals
- Proficiency of remote desktops and remote troubleshooting tools
- ITIL ® Foundation V3 in IT Service Management
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Understanding of Skype for Business; VOIP/ Telephony; Microsoft Products; Sophos Products; Apple hardware and products/iOS/OSX; Linux/Unix; Audio/ Video conferencing tools; Mobile device management; Exchange – 2013;
Return to Positions