Senior Engineer - Bangalore - General Electric
General Electric as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Senior Engineer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of General Electric company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that
are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and
scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The successful candidate will be part of wind tower team to deliver on NPI, DTO, cost out, localization & services programs for multi-megawatt WTG platforms. In this role you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize your expertise & experience to solve problems, develop & execute objectives for self focusing on short & long term business goals.
- Lead & deliver on NPI, cost out, fulfillment, developing new technologies and design strategies for wind towers
- Leverage experience and technical competency to solve business problems collaborating with cross-functional teams from product line, systems engineering, material process, advanced manufacturing engineering, sourcing, quality, logistics teams
- Actively assess new ideas & technologies for enabling product cost-out.
- Implement lessons learnt from fleet issues, supplier quality issues into new designs focusing on design robustness
- Collaborate with sourcing team on localization and improving product quality
- Ensure proper documentation of technical data generated for programs. Lead component level certifications with external agencies such as TUV
- Track and follow-up on metric items
- Hands on execution on tower projects
- Provide technical mentoring to less experience team members
- Master's degree in Mechanical - Machine Design, Civil - Structures, Aerospace structures engineering from reputed institute
- Minimum of 12+ years of Engineering experience in wind turbine tower design and development or similar industry products
- Willingness and ability to travel 10% of the time to supplier and customer sites
- Passionate about conceptualizing and developing best-in-class wind turbine components
- Expertise in tower design, analysis and product development
- Proficiency in Ansys/UG/APDL macro
- Strong fundamentals on structures, FEA, Dynamics, Fatigue, Fracture, bolted/welded joints
- Experience in component hardware ownership responsibilities
- Sound knowledge on GD&T, stack-up analysis
- Well versed with product life cycle management processes & tool such as Enovia/PLM
- Proven track record on NPI, DTO, Cost out, RCA programs including supplier qualifications
- Ability to lead and deliver results in a matrix organization
- Ability to engage team members on solving technical problems
- Ability to manage program deliverables with on-time delivery and first-time right quality
- Ability to communicate and influence stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills
Locations: India; Bangalore
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.